Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A second shot. / Time Crisis 4 First Impressions

After a rather exhausting night of work (slept at 5. Ugh.), I woke up to Nami Tamaki's Reason at 9am.

Reason? (No pun indended...)

I got a second chance at the test!

Woo hoo!!! \o/

The new test date is on the 11th. Got a lesson on the 10th to boot. Man, those peeps are really helpful, and I really thanked them from the bottom of my heart.

So, last chance. For assassins, a second chance is something which only happens when the gods won a football bet (and made money out of it too).

But, when it comes, you got to take the head off.

And I WILL pass this one. Failure, is no an option.

As I was practically skipping out of the driving school after everything was confirmed, I boarded service number 94, and as usual, tapped my card on the ez-link reader.

"CARD EXPIRED." (kthxbai) the reader shouted, as it made whines which made the bus captain look at me.

I should have heeded Lan jie's warning on the blog. But hey, I'm a risk taker (which is why I failed the driving test. Ugh)

Then, I realise, I wasn't alone.

This girl beside me, had the same problem. The bus captain then made a rackus and said that he would have to confiscate our cards. However, after some talking about how it's just the first week on July, and we mean no harm, coupled with some attempted mind controlling, I convinced the bus driver to ignore us this one time.

And at the same time, made a friend, at a very unlikely place: on the bus.

She's from RJC, and will be studying medicine. Interestingly, we just talked about the driving tests and stuff, with her saying that she's screwed as her test is next wednesday, and her instructor is saying "I'm worried for you."

At the interchange, the card turns out to be fairly interesting. I can get a refund at any ticket office. The one at Eunos, happen to open at 12. >_>

Back to Tampines to pick up a package, and on to Orchard for her as she goes out for a date/meet up with friends/whatever (Didn't ask. Duh.)

However, before we left, we exchanged our MSN contacts. As my train arrived, it struck me that it was fairly interesting how technology changed our lives. It used to be "write to me". Then "Call me."

Now, it's "MSN/IM me."

Not to say, safer too. If she's a complete bitch, I can always just show the finger, and block her, although I think the chance of that happening is slim to none.

But, as in EVA, that doesn't mean 0%. :D

After collecting the package from Angela, I treked back to Century Square, with a bit of training of HOTD 4 in mind.

Then, I saw her.

The most beautiful thing I've seen since looking at HOTD 4 at Century Square.

Time Crisis 4.

Well, the difficulty has obviously jacked up from Time Crisis 3. I reached the Stage 1 boss only on my 2nd try. The red bullets just fly way too fast. A great game to eat money, I say.

However, Namco shocked me once again with their creativity. SEGA simply changed guns in their HOTD series. Namco kept the weapon changing style found in TC3, but added a totally new feature.

A multi-screen feature. So, this means instead of always look straight ahead, you have to defend, say, from enemies coming at three directions at once. This means you need to switch between 3 directions to kill the enemy when you are told to do so.

Very very very neat. Namco lives up to it's name again.

Oh yeah, I was walking at Far East when I saw this:

http://www.aaaanime.com/cat.asp?view=item&code=GSC060701

:D~

SABER!!!!

But $70 is out of my budget range. =( Especially for a piece of plastic which I'll hug to sleep everynight

But still, seeing it makes my heart warm and fuzzy. Hehe.

---

Song of (whatever) changed to Kodoku na Junrei by Kawai Kenji, from the Fate/Stay Night OST.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful OST with lots of such music, music which is slow and carries lots of emotions with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home